Dr. Kongkrapan Intarajang, CEO of PTT World Chemical Public Firm Restricted, introduced the corporate’s operational path for 2021 highlighting a coverage of “power from inside and creating new alternatives within the new regular”, accelerating and bettering its three-step technique to strengthen its management within the chemical compounds worldwide and contribute to an enchancment in high quality of life whereas respecting sustainability.
1. Step Change – Technique to extend competitiveness: Proceed to strengthen GC strengths, together with manufacturing safety and stability, whereas rising competitiveness by making certain manufacturing models and infrastructure are extra resilient of their use of uncooked supplies and rising capability to create value-added merchandise The corporate has demonstrated improved built-in administration via its Map Ta Phut integration mission, in addition to its market enlargement into South East Asia consolidate the power of its exercise on the regional stage. As well as, the corporate has developed numerous Excessive Worth Merchandise (HVP) to strategically meet the calls for of consumers and international markets.
2. Exit – Technique to find progress alternatives for brand new firms or new firms overseas: Search progress alternatives to launch into new companies, together with Excessive Worth Added (HVB) firms with excessive progress and revenue potential, via mergers and acquisitions, whereas utilizing Company Enterprise Capital (CVC) to function new companies with distinctive expertise and innovation and to place itself internationally to develop the enterprise as a second GC base.
3. Step Up – Technique to strengthen the sustainability of the corporate: Turn into a world sustainability pilot firm. GC focuses on working its enterprise on the idea of the Sustainable Improvement Targets (SDGs) and reaching a steadiness between environmental, social and governance (ESG) elements utilizing the GC Round Residing method as a mechanism key within the implementation of local weather actions, holistic water administration, built-in round financial system operations and operational enhancements of CSR initiatives to develop social enterprises (SE) with communities.
GC Expands Attain and Scale to Enhance Sustainable Developments in 2021
GC is dedicated to implementing its ESG actions that strengthen its place as a pilot firm driving the SDGs encompassing three main goals:
1. Local weather actions: Promote targets for lowering greenhouse fuel emissions by 52% per tonne of manufacturing (scopes 1 and a couple of) by 2050 from a base yr 2012, and by 20% from business operations inner by 2030. GC and its worth chain companions have additionally partnered to supply steerage to make local weather actions simpler and environment friendly.
2. Waste administration platform: Launch of the “YOUturn” platform, an built-in method to waste administration that returns plastic waste to the recycling course of resulting in sustainable and sustainable options. The mission includes the sorting and assortment of plastic waste at drop-off factors and its switch to recycling vegetation the place it’s remodeled into new value-added merchandise via the restoration course of. The mission additionally goals to enhance accomplice collaboration by connecting all sectors of the ecosystem that result in business manufacturing. In the meantime, GC is about to open Thailand first built-in meals grade plastic recycling plant by 2021.
3. New round mannequin (Sustainability + Well being)
3.1 Sturdiness + Safety: Sustainability goes hand in hand with strengthening well being and sanitation. And progressive Private Protecting Gear (PPE) merchandise to battle the COVID-19 pandemic produced underneath GC’s Higher Care model utilizing the corporate’s plastics and chemical compounds, together with coveralls, robes Reusable 100% rPET Resin Insulation Luggage, Motorized Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs), Shoe Covers and Hand Gel underneath the GelCo model all assist hold everybody secure.
3.2 Sustainability + hazardous waste administration: Sustainability goes hand in hand with good administration of hazardous waste. The “How To Yeak… The way to Handle Infectious Waste” mission initiated by GC gives hands-free crimson trash cans and crimson trash baggage produced from GC plastic resin to type and accumulate infectious waste. These provides have been turned over to the Prime Minister’s Workplace, instructional establishments and procuring malls to cut back the chance of contamination.
3.3 Sustainability + meals safety: Sustainability goes hand in hand with meals supply to cut back the burden of single-use plastics. GC has partnered with the Ministry of Pure Sources and Surroundings and meals supply operators to implement a mission that replaces single-use plastics with bioplastics, a inexperienced different.
Moreover, clients are supplied extra choices to assist scale back plastic waste which has dramatically elevated because of COVID-19.
Dr Kongkrapan added that GC is properly positioned to deal with any abrupt modifications sooner or later, which can assist the corporate obtain its targets. The corporate has launched the “Match” mission to enhance the effectivity and adaptability of its operations, which can result in lowered dangers and prices, whereas the adoption of superior applied sciences will contribute to a stronger and higher future. sustainable.
GC defies all possibilities of bettering its petrochemical enterprise throughout the disaster
In 2020, oil and petrochemical exercise was affected by the unfold of COVID-19. Nevertheless, having an built-in and steady product line together with GC helps resembling profitability and operational enhancements throughout the group resulted in Adjusted EBITDA in 2020 of 28.579 million baht which was on the similar stage as 2019. As well as, due to the favorable situations of the petrochemical exercise in sure product strains over the last semester, GC managed to generate a revenue from its operations in This autumn / 2020, recovering from within the earlier quarter. Within the fourth quarter of 2019, olefins and derivatives continued their restoration with robust momentum. The corporate’s adjusted EBITDA in This autumn / 2020 reached 9,514 million baht i.e. a rise of 52% in comparison with Q3 / 2020, and a rise of 132% in comparison with This autumn / 2019.
Making an allowance for the affect of fairness positive aspects and internet reversals of NAV, GC reported internet revenue of 6.405 million baht in This autumn / 2020, a rise of 200% in comparison with 2019, contributing to the online results of 200 million baht in 2020.
LINE: @GCofficial / Fb: GC / Web site: www.pttgcgroup.com
SOURCE PTT World Chemical Public Firm Restricted (GC)